Tired of Ted

Thursday, December 08, 2005

I vow to use this Blog for Good!

Wachovia. Turns out it's the Latin form of the German name Wachau. The Wachau is a well known Austrian valley with a landscape of high visual quality formed by the Danube River. (Thanks to reference.com for this information). It can also loosely be translated as 'rip someone off'. Running errands at lunch today, I needed stamps. I decide to go to the post office, which is right next door to a Wachovia. Wachovia happens to be the bank that I use, and I needed some money, so I used the ATM. While using the ATM, I discovered that you can purchase stamps from Wachovia via their ATM. So I decide to go ahead and buy 18 stamps, at a price, according to the screen, of $7.40. Who can do such math so quickly? I just assumed that 18 stamps at $0.37/each cost $7.40. Out come the stamps, and there, on the stamp book cover, right under the big U.S. flag, is $6.66. That's right- Wachovia charged me 74 cents more than what the stamps cost...perhaps for convenience? Now, I feel like a stooge, as I was right next door to a post office. Literally 10 yards away. But who would've thought that you would pay 4 cents more per stamp? Not me. So be forewarned- if you need stamps and you're at an ATM, it'll cost you.

3 Comments:

  • I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

  • For latest information you have to go to see web and on world-wide-web I found this web
    site as a most excellent web site for most up-to-date updates.


    My web blog :: casa rural piscina padel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home