Tired of Ted

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hats Off to Me

I bought two hats today. Two fancy hats. I've been threatening to buy a hat for months, and today I finally pulled the trigger. I had a couple of styles in mind, and I had tried on a bunch of hats at different places- but not at a bona fide hat store. Until today, when I visited a fantastic hat store in nearby small city. A wonderful little man helped me out- I would put a hat on, look at it, and think, looks all right, and then he would make a slight adjustment to the brim, and it made a huge difference. So I bought an Italian Walking Hat, which is a brown tweed, and a grey felt dress hat. It was a delightful experience. I'm not really doing justice to the great old man who helped me, but he made the experience.





Also visited two museums, and then stopped at a TGIF for a couple of beers, some pot stickers and chicken fajitas. The museums were great- one a blend of old art and new, the other a natural history museum, where we saw the controversial Machu Picchu exhibit, where Peru is demanding many of the artifacts back.

All in all, just one of those very leisurely enjoyable day.

Saw "Walk the Line" this week, and "Capote." The former was okay, a nice love story, but not very explorational. The latter was terrific.

Tomorrow I'm off to Philly to celebrate the birth of a boy to very close friends.

7 Comments:

  • Can't wait to see you model your festive chapeau in person!

    xoxo
    J-fav.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

  • Hi "Ted" -

    I'm curious how those hats are working out for you now that you've had them a few months. Please, post a review.

    g

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

  • Ted,

    You are the lamest blogger in the world. Life is very exciting right now, so BLOG!

    marielle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

  • Hey Ted,

    Is it true that absolutely NOTHING has happened in your life since you bought these hats?

    -R ;-)

    By Blogger RLB, at 6:42 PM  

  • I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
    » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 AM  

  • This is very interesting site... » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 AM  

  • You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home